Mon, Feb 08|
How to Be an Anti-Racist Organization Monthly Series with Nita & Tariana
Price: Free | As part of our Equity, Diversity & Inclusion work, we present a discussion on integrating anti-racism into your organizational structure.
Time & Location
Feb 08, 2021, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM EST
About the Event
Please join Denver Arts & Venues for the fifth installment in our Speaker Series monthly events. We continue to discuss the necessary work organizations must commit to in order to be anti-racist with a focus on tactical and actionable steps.
This virtual, moderated discussion with Tariana Navas-Nieves – Denver Arts & Venues, Director, Cultural Affairs and Nita Mosby-Tyler – Chief Catalyst, The Equity Project LLC, will be hosted on Zoom - a link will be provided to participants upon registration.
In preparation for the session, participants are encouraged to view the recordings of the previous Speaker Series centered on equity and anti-racism work:
Speaker Series: Equity, Diversity and Inclusion 101, https://vimeo.com/370367348
“How to be an Anti-Racist Organization” Sessions 1-4
Central topics for our upcoming discussion include:
- How do we use current events as a way to have difficult yet productive conversations about equity?
- How are these conversations different for BIPOC and White people?
- What does a system of equity look like?
- What is the significance of equity in your organization in 2021?
- Systems of power and how it impacts our approach to the work.
This event focuses on:
Accessibility: Arts, culture and creativity are truly inclusive and accessible for all.
Collective Leadership: Collective leadership is committed to high impact results across Denver.
- For Spanish Translation Services: BROOKE.DILLING@DENVERGOV.ORG
- For Sign Language Interpreter or Cart Services: SIGNLANGUAGESERVICES@DENVERGOV.ORG
- For Other Disability Accommodations: DISABILITYACCESS@DENVERGOV.ORG